One of our true heroes, the late Sheldon Brown, gave us the idea for our cleverly named Sheldon Fender Nuts years ago. The Sheldon Nut replaces the road caliper brake’s nut. But the nut’s head also contains threads for standard M6 bolts. This allows you to install and remove fenders quickly to the Sheldon Nut, without messing with your brakes. And if you’ve never been to sheldonbrown.com, put it on the top of your list. It remains a go-to source for all queries bike-related, based on his more than fifty years of knowhow, experience and incomparable passion for the bike.
WARNING: Read these instructions completely before beginning installation of this product. If you lack the knowledge or tools to perform installation, please have your local professional bicycle mechanic perform the installation. Improper installation can result in loss of control or damage to the bicycle and/or serious injury or death to the rider.
Required Parts Required Tools
(1) Sheldon Fender Nut, 10mm rear 5mm hex key
(1) Sheldon Fender Nut, 13mm front (BO1505) or 6mm hex key
(1) Sheldon Fender Nut, 32mm front (BO1506)
(2) M6 x 1mm bolts (not included)
1. Remove the stock brake bolt from the fork crown and put it away for safekeeping.
2. Install the front Sheldon Fender Nut into the fork crown using a 6mm hex wrench (figure 1).
3. Adjust the brake per manufacturer instructions and torque the Sheldon Fender Nut according to manufacturer specifications. If no torque rating is given, tighten 8–10 Nm (69–87 in-lbf).
4. Attach the front fender bracket using an M6 bolt (figure 2).
NOTE: the length of the M6 bolt you use will be contingent on the fender bracket thickness. Make certain it is long enough to adequately engage the Sheldon Fender Nut threads.
5. Finish front fender installation per manufacturer instructions.
6. Repeat steps 1–5 for the rear brake and fender (figure 3).
7. Check brake tightness, brake pad alignment, and fender tightness before every ride.
LIMITED 2-YEAR WARRANTY
This Problem Solvers product is warranted against defects in materials and workmanship for two (2) years, from the original date of retail purchase by the consumer, subject to the limitations detailed below. This limited warranty is expressly limited to the repair or replacement of the original product, at the option of Problem Solvers, and is the sole remedy of the warranty. This limited warranty applies only to the original purchaser of the Problem Solvers product and is not transferable. In no event shall Problem Solvers be liable for any loss, inconvenience or damage, whether direct, incidental or consequential or otherwise resulting from breach of any express or implied warranty or condition, of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or otherwise with respect to this product except as set forth herein.
This warranty does not cover the following:
• Damage due to improper assembly or follow-up maintenance or lack of skill, competence or experience of the user
• Products that have been modified, neglected, used in competition or for commercial purposes, misused or abused, involved in accidents or anything other than normal use
• Damage or deterioration to the surface finish, aesthetics or appearance of the product
• Normal wear and tear
• Labor required to remove and/or refit and re-adjust the product within the bicycle assembly This warranty gives the consumer specific legal rights, and those rights and other rights may vary from state to state.
Figure 1 Figure 2 Figure 3