CYCLING CAN BE DANGEROUS. BICYCLE PRODUCTS SHOULD BE INSTALLED AND SERVICED BY A PROFESSIONAL MECHANIC. NEVER MODIFY YOUR BICYCLE OR ACCESSORIES. READ AND FOLLOW ALL PRODUCT INSTRUCTIONS AND WARNINGS INCLUDING INFORMATION ON THE MANUFACTURER’S WEBSITE. INSPECT YOUR BICYCLE BEFORE EVERY RIDE. ALWAYS WEAR A HELMET.
COMPATIBILITY & INTENDED USE
We provide two types of binder bolts.
• Keyed binder bolts are made for frames with recessed bolt holes (see figure 1). Verify the appropriate length bolt with the frame manufacturer.
• External binder bolts are for frames with flat mounting surfaces (see figure 2)
WARNING: Check with frame and seatpost manufacturer for proper torque. Use whichever is less. Don’t overtighten.
Figure 1 Figure 2
• 5mm Allen wrench
• 10mm box wrench
• Torque wrench that measures in Nm
• Carbon assembly paste (if using a carbon seatpost)
Keyed Seat Binder Bolt:
1. Apply a thin layer of grease to the bolt threads and the outside of the binder nut.
2. Insert the longer nut with the key into the brazed-on seatpost binder aligning the key with the key slot of the binder.
3. Install the bolt to the installed nut and tighten to 5Nm. If the seatpost slips, tighten the bolt in small increments until slipping no longer occurs. DO NOT OVER-TIGHTEN.
External Seat Binder Bolt:
1. Slide the locknut washer onto the bolt followed by the non-threaded six-sided nut so the bolt sits inside the nut.
2. Apply a thin layer of grease to the bolt.
3. Insert the bolt through the seatpost collar.
4. Slide on the star washer followed by the six-sided threaded nut.
5. Install the bolt to the installed nut and tighten to 5Nm. You may need to hold the nut in place with a 10mm wrench if the seatpost slips, tighten the bolt in small increments until slipping no longer occurs. DO NOT OVER-TIGHTEN.
NOTE: If using a carbon seatpost, we recommend the use of carbon assembly paste to reduce the chances of slipping. Apply assembly paste per the manufacturer’s instructions.
Periodically check to make sure the seatpost bolts are tightened to the proper torque spec.
A LIMITED 2-YEAR WARRANTY
PROBLEM SOLVERS™ warrants this new PROBLEM SOLVERS product against defects in materials and workmanship for two (2) years from the original date of retail purchase by the consumer. This limited warranty is expressly limited to the repair or replacement of the original product, at the option of PROBLEM SOLVERS, and is the sole remedy of the warranty. This limited warranty applies only to the original purchaser of the PROBLEM SOLVERS product and is not transferable. In no event shall PROBLEM SOLVERS be liable for any loss, inconvenience or damage, whether direct, incidental or consequential or otherwise resulting from breach of any express or implied warranty or condition of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or otherwise with respect to this product except as set forth herein. This warranty gives the consumer specific legal rights, and those rights and other rights may vary from state to state.
This warranty does not cover the following:
• Damage due to improper assembly or follow-up maintenance or lack of skill, competence or experience of the end user
• Products that have been modified, neglected, used in competition or for commercial purposes, misused or abused, involved in accidents or anything other than normal use
• Damage or deterioration to the surface finish, aesthetics or appearance of the product
• Normal wear and tear
• Labor required to remove and/or refit and re-adjust the product within the bicycle assembly
• Installation of components, parts, or accessories not originally intended use with or compatible with Problem Solvers products
TO THE EXTENT NOT PROHIBITED BY LAW, THESE WARRANTIES ARE EXCLUSIVE AND THERE ARE NO OTHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS INCLUDING WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.