We’re always looking to provide the products that allow you to configure your bike any way you want. So, if you wanted to mate your Shimano I-Spec II® shifters and I-Spec® A/B-equipped brake levers you’ve chosen the right product.
WARNING: CYCLING CAN BE DANGEROUS. BICYCLE PRODUCTS SHOULD BE INSTALLED AND SERVICED BY A PROFESSIONAL MECHANIC. NEVER MODIFY YOUR BICYCLE OR ACCESSORIES. READ AND FOLLOW ALL PRODUCT INSTRUCTIONS AND WARNINGS INCLUDING INFORMATION ON THE MANUFACTURER’S WEBSITE. INSPECT YOUR BICYCLE BEFORE EVERY RIDE. ALWAYS WEAR A HELMET.
COMPATIBILITY & INTENDED USE
The Problem Solvers ReMatch 1.2 adapters are compatible with Shimano I-Spec II shifters and I-Spec A/B equipped brake levers. Intended for ASTM 3 conditions. This is a set of conditions for the operation of a bicycle on a regular paved surface, unpaved and gravel roads and trails with moderate grades with irregular terrain where loss of tire contact with the ground may occur. As well as rough trails and unimproved trails that require technical skills. Jumps and drops are intended to be less than 61 cm (24").
2, 3, 5 mm hex wrenches
Torque wrench that measures in Newton meters
Blue (medium) thread locking compound
1. Remove the shifter clamp from your I-Spec II shifters (if included with the shifter).
2. Install the ReMatch 1.2 Adapter on the the shifter body. The curved surface should seat securely against the shifter body allowing for side-to-side and rotational adjustment. The included I Spec II nut (part E from fig. 1) will be used to join these two pieces (fig. 2).
3. Using the M5 x 0.8 fixing bolt with the washer (parts C & D, fig. 1) attach the ReMatch Adapter to the shifter body. Be sure to apply blue thread locking compound to the M5 x 0.5 bolt. Leave the assembly somewhat loose to allow for fine tuning the fit (fig. 3).
SHIMANO I-SPEC-A BRAKE LEVERS:
A. Open the right brake lever clamp and insert the I-Spec A nut (part F in fig. 1) with the round portion sticking through the clamp and the square portion facing in (figs. 4 & 5).
Figure 4 Figure 5
B. Position and attach the brake lever to the handlebar per Shimano’s instructions (fig. 5).
SHIMANO I-SPEC-B BRAKE LEVERS
A. Insert the I-Spec B barrel nut (part G from fig. 1) into the brake lever clamp (fig. 6).
B. Install the retaining bolt (part H from fig. 1, fig. 7). Tighten the retaining bolt to 1 Nm.
C. Position and attach the brake lever to the handlebar per Shimano’s instructions.4. Attach the ReMatch 1.2 Adapter to the brake lever clamp using the included M5 x 08 - 8L bolt and M5 washer (parts C & D from fig. 1). Tighten bolt to 4 Nm (figs. 8 & 9).
Figure 8 Figure 9
5. Adjust the shifter and brake to desired position. Tighten shifter position adjusting bolt (assembled in Step 3) to recommended specifications. Tighten to 3 Nm (fig. 10).
6. Repeat these steps for the other lever assembly (if applicable).
7. Assembly is complete (fig. 11).
WARNING: Improper installation of bolts may lead to product failure, causing serious injury. Do not exceed specified torque values. Periodically inspect bolts and retighten if required.
Inspect your ReMatch 1.2 Adapter for signs of excessive wear, cracks, or other fatigue before every ride. If you suspect that your ReMatch 1.2 Adapter has been damaged, return it to the shop where it was purchased to be inspected by a professional bicycle mechanic.
If you and your shop think your Problem Solvers product is worthy of a warranty inspection, please return the product to the original place of purchase, accompanied by a sales receipt.