The Pog Top Cap is a 10mm headset spacer and top cap in one. Most modern carbon forks require at least 5mm of exposed steerer tube on top of the stem. With the Pog Top Cap the rider has their headset spacer and top cap in one convenient piece. Slick.
WARNING: CYCLING CAN BE DANGEROUS. BICYCLE PRODUCTS SHOULD BE INSTALLED AND SERVICED BY A PROFESSIONAL MECHANIC. NEVER MODIFY YOUR BICYCLE OR ACCESSORIES. READ AND FOLLOW ALL PRODUCT INSTRUCTIONS AND WARNINGS INCLUDING INFORMATION ON THE MANUFACTURER’S WEBSITE. INSPECT YOUR BICYCLE BEFORE EVERY RIDE. ALWAYS WEAR A HELMET.
COMPATIBILITY AND INTENDED USE
The Problem Solvers Pog Top Cap fits 1-1/8" steerer tubes and requires a minimum of 2mm to a maximum of 8mm of exposed steerer tube beyond the top of the stem for the optimal fit and function. If the Pog Top Cap is fully tightened down and there is a gap between the bottom of the cap and the top of the stem, more steerer tube needs to be cut or another spacer needs to be added below the stem.
5mm hex wrench
NOTE: Follow the headset and stem manufacturers’ instructions for proper set-up before installing the Pog Top Cap.
1. Lubricate the top cap anchor bolt with grease. Place the top cap into the top of the stem, and insert the anchor bolt.
2. Thread the bolt into the star nut or compression plug as far as it will go, but do not tighten yet.
3. Loosen the binder bolts of the stem. Preload the headset by tightening the top cap anchor bolt to the torque specified by the headset manufacturer. Adjust preload until no binding or play (looseness) is present in the headset. Align the stem with the front wheel and tighten the steerer clamp binder bolts alternately, in small increments, until the binder bolts are tightened to the stem manufacturer’s specifications.
4. Once again, check for headset play. If play exists, loosen the steerer clamp binder bolts and tighten the top cap anchor bolt 1/16th of a turn. Align the stem, and retighten the binder bolts to the stem manufacturer’s specifications.、
5. Repeat until proper adjustment is made.
Periodically check to make sure there is no play in the headset. If it becomes loose, refer to the installation instructions above.
A LIMITED 2-YEAR WARRANTY
PROBLEM SOLVERS™ warrants this new PROBLEM SOLVERS product against defects in materials and workmanship for two (2) years from the original date of retail purchase by the consumer. This limited warranty is expressly limited to the repair or replacement of the original product, at the option of PROBLEM SOLVERS, and is the sole remedy of the warranty. This limited warranty applies only to the original purchaser of the PROBLEM SOLVERS product and is not transferable.
In no event shall PROBLEM SOLVERS be liable for any loss, inconvenience or damage, whether direct, incidental or consequential or otherwise resulting from breach of any express or implied warranty or condition of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or otherwise with respect to this product except as set forth herein. This warranty gives the consumer specific legal rights, and those rights and other rights may vary from state to state.
This warranty does not cover the following:
• Damage due to improper assembly or follow-up maintenance or lack of skill, competence or experience of the end user
• Products that have been modified, neglected, used in competition or for commercial purposes, misused or abused, involved in accidents or anything other than normal use • Installation of components, parts, or accessories not originally intended for or compatible with Problem Solvers product
• Damage or deterioration to the surface finish, aesthetics or appearance of the product
• Normal wear and tear
• Labor required to remove and/or refit and re-adjust the product within the bicycle assembly
TO THE EXTENT NOT PROHIBITED BY LAW, THESE WARRANTIES ARE
EXCLUSIVE AND THERE ARE NO OTHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES
OR CONDITIONS INCLUDING WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF
MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.