No, the Fender Flute won’t help you drive the rats out of Hamelin. But it will provide improved fender mounting on suspension-corrected forks—with the fender closer to the tire it’ll do it’s job much better.
WARNING: CYCLING CAN BE DANGEROUS. BICYCLE PRODUCTS SHOULD BE INSTALLED AND SERVICED BY A PROFESSIONAL MECHANIC. NEVER MODIFY YOUR BICYCLE OR ACCESSORIES. READ AND FOLLOW ALL PRODUCT INSTRUCTIONS AND WARNINGS INCLUDING INFORMATION ON THE MANUFACTURER’S WEBSITE. INSPECT YOUR BICYCLE BEFORE EVERY RIDE. ALWAYS WEAR A HELMET.
Intended for use with metal bladed fenders and fenders with quick-release stays only.
Stuff you need:
• A front fender with a standard mounting tab
• A fork with a hole in the crown
• 5mm hex wrench
• Torque wrench
1. With the wheel removed, attach the fender to the bottom-most hole on the flat side of the Fender Flute by threading in the M6 bolt. Be sure to include the lock washer (figure 1)
2. Attach the Fender Flute to the fork crown to hold it in place, again using the M6 bolt and lock washer (figure 2).
3. Install your wheel. Remove the fork crown’s M6 bolt and adjust the Fender Flute until the fender is at the desired height. You want full clearance for the tire, with a consistent radius, but no less than 6mm clearance between tire and fender. Once you’ve determined the best height for the fender, re-install the M6 bolt and lockwasher to the fork crown. Torque both M6 bolts to 5.1Nm (45 in-lb).
4. Attach the fender struts per the manufacturer’s instructions.
Figure 1: Attach fender bracket to bottom of Fender Flute
Figure 2: Attach the Fender Flute to the fork crown Figure 3: Fully assembled
CAUTION: Verify that your fender hardware is tight before each ride.
One thing we want to make clear: Problem Solvers products let you alter your bike for purposes never conceived by the manufacturer. Therefore, the use of our products may void the warranty provided by other manufacturers. If you’re interested in keeping your warranty secure, check with them before installation of any Problem Solvers product.
Limited 2-Year Warranty
PROBLEM SOLVERS™ warrants this new PROBLEM SOLVERS product against defects in materials and workmanship for two (2) years from the original date of retail purchase by the consumer. This limited warranty is expressly limited to the repair or replacement of the original product, at the option of PROBLEM SOLVERS, and is the sole remedy of the warranty. This limited warranty applies only to the original purchaser of the PROBLEM SOLVERS product and is not transferable.
In no event shall PROBLEM SOLVERS be liable for any loss, inconvenience or damage, whether direct, incidental or consequential or otherwise resulting from breach of any express or implied warranty or condition of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or otherwise with respect to this product except as set forth herein. This warranty gives the consumer specific legal rights, and those rights and other rights may vary from state to state.
This warranty does not cover the following:
• Damage due to improper assembly or follow-up maintenance or lack of skill, competence or experience of the end user
• Products that have been modified, neglected, used in competition or for commercial purposes, misused or abused, involved in accidents or anything other than normal use
• Damage or deterioration to the surface finish, aesthetics or appearance of the product
• Normal wear and tear
• Labor required to remove and/or refit and re-adjust the product within the bicycle assembly
To the extent not prohibited by law, these warranties are exclusive and there are no other express or implied warranties or conditions including warranties or conditions of merchant ability and fitness for a particular purpose.