This lever will allow you to actuate two brake calipers with a single lever.
WARNING: CYCLING CAN BE DANGEROUS. BICYCLE PRODUCTS SHOULD BE INSTALLED AND SERVICED BY A PROFESSIONAL MECHANIC. NEVER MODIFY YOUR BICYCLE OR ACCESSORIES. READ AND FOLLOW ALL PRODUCT INSTRUCTIONS AND WARNINGS INCLUDING INFORMATION ON THE MANUFACTURER’S WEBSITE. INSPECT YOUR BICYCLE BEFORE EVERY RIDE. ALWAYS WEAR A HELMET.
COMPATIBILITY & INTENDED USE
The Double Barrel Brake Lever is intended for use under the guidelines of ASTM Condition 2. This is a set of conditions for the operation of a bicycle that includes Condition 1 (paved roads) as well as unpaved and gravel roads and trails with moderate grades. In this set of conditions, contact with irregular terrain and loss of tire contact with the ground may occur. Drops are intended to be limited to 15cm (6") or less.
This lever will work on bikes equipped with flat bars that are 22.2mm in diameter at the grip. It is intended to be used with long-pull calipers only.
• 5 mm hex wrench
• Torque wrench that measures in Nm
• Cable cutters
• Tools needed to adjust your brake calipers
1. Remove your old brake levers. You may need to remove your grips or shifters in order to do so.
2. Slide the Double Barrel Lever onto your handlebar and replace your grips and shifters if you removed them.
3. Adjust the angle and position of the lever and tighten the fixing bolt to your handlebar manufacturer’s specifications or to 4Nm, whichever is LESS. Do not exceed 4Nm.
4. Install cables into the lever by aligning the slots on the barrel adjuster with the slot on the bottom of the lever body and inserting the barrel of the cable into the lever.
5. Unscrew each barrel adjuster two turns to allow fine tuning.
6. Route your housing to avoid sharp bends and make it long enough that you can turn the handlebar fully in both directions without pulling it tight.
7. Install the brake cable to the caliper per the caliper manufacturer’s instructions.
8. Adjust the cable tension so the lever is pulling the calipers equally or is biased to pull the rear brake harder than the front. WARNING: Adjusting the lever to pull the front brake harder than the rear could result in loss of control and a crash when the brakes are applied.
9. You can use the barrel adjusters to adjust cable tension to account for brake pad wear, but again, make sure the calipers pull evenly or are biased toward the rear brake.
Periodically inspect and adjust your brake calipers per the caliper manufacturer’s recommendations. Inspect your brake cables before every ride and replace immediately if you see signs of rust, corrosion, or fraying. Periodically check that the hardware on your brake levers is tight.
A LIMITED 2-YEAR WARRANTY
PROBLEM SOLVERS™ warrants this new PROBLEM SOLVERS product against defects in materials and workmanship for two (2) years from the original date of retail purchase by the consumer. This limited warranty is expressly limited to the repair or replacement of the original product, at the option of PROBLEM SOLVERS, and is the sole remedy of the warranty. This limited warranty applies only to the original purchaser of the PROBLEM SOLVERS product and is not transferable.
In no event shall PROBLEM SOLVERS be liable for any loss, inconvenience or damage, whether direct, incidental or consequential or otherwise resulting from breach of any express or implied warranty or condition of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or otherwise with respect to this product except as set forth herein. This warranty gives the consumer specific legal rights, and those rights and other rights may vary from state to state.
This warranty does not cover the following:
• Damage due to improper assembly or follow-up maintenance or lack of skill, competence or experience of the end user
• Products that have been modified, neglected, used in competition or for commercial purposes, misused or abused, involved in accidents or anything other than normal use
• Damage or deterioration to the surface finish, aesthetics, or appearance of the product
• Normal wear and tear
• Labor required to remove and/or refit and re-adjust the product within the bicycle assembly
• Installation of components, parts, or accessories not originally intended use with or compatible with Problem Solvers products
TO THE EXTENT NOT PROHIBITED BY LAW, THESE WARRANTIES ARE EXCLUSIVE AND THERE ARE NO EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS INCLUDING WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.