WARNING: CYCLING CAN BE DANGEROUS. BICYCLE PRODUCTS SHOULD BE INSTALLED AND SERVICED BY A PROFESSIONAL MECHANIC. NEVER MODIFY YOUR BICYCLE OR ACCESSORIES. READ AND FOLLOW ALL PRODUCT INSTRUCTIONS AND WARNINGS INCLUDING INFORMATION ON THE MANUFACTURER’S WEBSITE. INSPECT YOUR BICYCLE BEFORE EVERY RIDE. ALWAYS WEAR A HELMET.
COMPATIBILITY AND INTENDED USE
Our Braze-On Adapters are designed to work with bicycles that feature a round seat tube in any of the following sizes: 28.6, 31.8, or 34.9mm. They will work with most non-electronic, braze-on front derailleurs.
• 4mm hex wrench
• Hex wrench to fit your derailleur’s mounting hardware
• Torque wrench that measures in Nm
• Carbon assembly/friction paste (for carbon fiber frames)
1. Lightly grease the mounting hardware for your derailleur and mount it to the adapter but don’t tighten fully. Position the derailleur about midway in the vertical adjustment slot.
2. Mount the adapter to the frame and position it according to the derailleur manufacturer’s specifications.
NOTE: If your frame is carbon fiber, Problem Solvers recommends the use of carbon assembly paste for mounting the braze-on adapter to your frame. Torque the adapter band to the manufacturer’s specification or 3.5Nm, whichever is LESS. Do not exceed 3.5Nm or your risk damaging your frame.
3. Once your derailleur is positioned correctly according to the manufacturer, fully tighten the derailleur hardware to the manufacturer’s torque specification and adjust according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
Periodically wipe down your front derailleur and derailleur adapter with a damp cloth or mild soap solution.
A LIMITED 2-YEAR WARRANTY
PROBLEM SOLVERS™ warrants this new PROBLEM SOLVERS product against defects in materials and workmanship for two (2) years from the original date of retail purchase by the consumer. This limited warranty is expressly limited to the repair or replacement of the original product, at the option of PROBLEM SOLVERS, and is the sole remedy of the warranty. This limited warranty applies only to the original purchaser of the PROBLEM SOLVERS product and is not transferable.
In no event shall PROBLEM SOLVERS be liable for any loss, inconvenience or damage, whether direct, incidental or consequential or otherwise resulting from breach of any express or implied warranty or condition of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or otherwise with respect to this product except as set forth herein.This warranty gives the consumer specific legal rights, and those rights and other rights may vary from state to state.
This warranty does not cover the following:
• Damage due to improper assembly or follow-up maintenance or lack of skill, competence or experience of the end user
• Products that have been modified, neglected, used in competition or for commercial purposes, misused or abused, involved in accidents or anything other than normal use
• Damage or deterioration to the surface finish, aesthetics, or appearance of the produc
t • Normal wear and tear
• Labor required to remove and/or refit and re-adjust the product within the bicycle assembly
• Installation of components, parts, or accessories not originally intended use with or compatible with Problem Solvers products
TO THE EXTENT NOT PROHIBITED BY LAW, THESE WARRANTIES ARE EXCLUSIVE AND THERE ARE NO EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS INCLUDING WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.