Problem Solvers Bow-Tie Strap Anchors mount to the threaded eyelets on your bicycle’s frame or fork. When used with the recommended straps Bow-Tie Strap Anchors allow you to safely and securely carry more cargo on your excursions.
WARNING: Cycling can be dangerous. Bicycle products should be installed and serviced by a professional mechanic. Never modify your bicycle or accessories. Read and follow all product instructions and warnings including information on the manufacturer’s website. Inspect your bicycle before every ride. Always wear a helmet.
WARNING: Entanglement of an object in your wheel could stop the rotation of the wheel causing a loss of control or crash that could lead to serious injury. Always secure all cargo, luggage, and any mounting straps according to these instructions. Make sure that anchor straps and cargo do not interfere with the rotation of your wheels BEFORE attempting to ride and periodically check for proper and safe clearance during every ride.
• The bicycle may behave differently (particularly regarding steering and braking) when loaded with cargo
• Make sure your load is evenly balanced and secure before and during every ride (i.e. no loose straps or shifting cargo to get caught in the wheels)
• After securing cargo, confirm that lights and reflectors are not obstructed by cargo or straps.
• Avoid running over objects in the road or trail including sticks or debris
COMPATIBILITY & INTENDED USE
Problem Solvers Bow-Tie Strap Anchors fasten to the frame or fork to create a secure place to mount cargo.
• Check with your bicycle’s manufacturer to verify proper fit, mounting points, bicycle cargo load capacity, and compatibility for carrying cargo. Do not exceed the bicycle manufacturer permissible load
• Do not exceed the load capacity of 3 lb (1.35kg) for the Bow-Tie Strap Anchor
3mm hex bit socket
Torque wrench with Newton Meter (Nm) scale
MOUNTING LIMITATIONS & WARNINGS
Use only straps that have a locking feature and are between 12 and 27mm wide.
WARNING: Do not use ratcheting-style straps, bungee straps, or hook-and-loop straps. These products may damage anchors or components, or fail to properly secure cargo.
Maximum cargo carrying weight per pair: 3 lb (1 full 32 oz water bottle).
WARNING: Hard-sided objects (like polycarbonate bottles) can slip through strapping if improperly secured. Improperly secured objects may interfere with moving parts, resulting in a crash and serious injury. Always use rubberized straps to secure hard-sided objects.
• Do not mount strap anchor or any other load bearing accessory to fender mounts. Doing so could result in fork breakage, causing a loss of control resulting in serious injury
• Do not drill and tap new holes in frame, fork, or accessories
• Do not secure the anchors with nuts
• Do not tie the ends of straps or add tape
• Do not mount water bottle cages or other accessories to the Strap Anchor
• Not compatible with child seats or trailers. Never mount passenger accessories to a Strap Anchor or through a Strap Anchor
• Problem Solvers Bow-Tie Strap Anchors are designed for bicycle use only. Do not install anchors on motorcycles, scooters, lawn and garden equipment, or any device other than a bicycle
1. Align the screw hole in the Strap Anchor to existing threaded eyelet holes on the fork or frame.
2. Insert the provided M5 screw and tighten to 2.3Nm using a 3mm hex bit socket and torque wrench.
3. Repeat for the second anchor.
Cargo must be secured to two anchors with two straps. Do not connect cargo to a single anchor.
WARNING: Untrimmed, excessive, or loose straps may stop the rotation of the wheel or release cargo, causing a loss of control and a crash that could lead to serious injury. Maintain at least 10mm clearance between wheels, fork, frame, or fender, and mounted cargo or straps.
• Do not use spacers between Strap Anchors and your frame/fork or other component mounting surface
• Do not use aluminum bolts to mount Strap Anchors, use bolts supplied
HOW TO SECURE CARGO TO THE ANCHORS
1. Slide one end of the strap through a slot in the anchor. Route the strap around the back of the frame or fork and then through the other anchor slot. Maintain at least 10mm clearance between the strap and wheel, spokes, brake or other bicycle accessories.
2. Repeat with the second strap and anchor.
3. Check to ensure both straps sit flat and do not interfere with the wheel, tire, brake, cable, or any other bicycle accessory.
4. Place the cargo against the anchors and tighten and secure both straps.
5. Check the straps and your cargo to make sure it is secure before riding. Check periodically during use. Each strap must start and end in the same Strap Anchor—do not crisscross. Each strap must be routed through both slots on the Strap Anchor.
WARNING: Improper installation of bolts may lead to product failure, causing serious injury. Do not exceed specified torque values. Periodically inspect bolts and retighten if required
Frequently check to make sure all anchor hardware is properly torqued per these instructions. Check to make sure that the mounting bolts are properly tightened and secure the anchors to the bicycle. Periodically check for any signs of cracking or failure and discontinue use if anchor or anchor hardware is damaged.
WARNING: Loads may shift during use resulting in product failure and serious injury. Periodically check for loose straps and shifting cargo. Adjust cargo and re-tighten straps to ensure even loading and 10mm clearance between straps and cargo, and your bicycle wheels or any bicycle component.
During rides periodically check shifting loads and adjust straps to ensure even loading and 10mm clearance between straps and cargo, and any bicycle component.
Periodically check to make sure the attachment bolts are tight.
A LIMITED 2-YEAR WARRANTY
PROBLEM SOLVERS™ warrants this new PROBLEM SOLVERS product against defects in materials and workmanship for two (2) years from the original date of retail purchase by the consumer. This limited warranty is expressly limited to the repair or replacement of the original product, at the option of PROBLEM SOLVERS, and is the sole remedy of the warranty. This limited warranty applies only to the original purchaser of the PROBLEM SOLVERS product and is not transferable.
In no event shall PROBLEM SOLVERS be liable for any loss, inconvenience or damage, whether direct, incidental or consequential or otherwise resulting from breach of any express or implied warranty or condition of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or otherwise with respect to this product except as set forth herein. This warranty gives the consumer specific legal rights, and those rights and other rights may vary from state to state.
This warranty does not cover the following:
• Damage due to improper assembly or follow-up maintenance or lack of skill, competence or experience of the end user
• Products that have been modified, neglected, used in competition or for commercial purposes, misused or abused, involved in accidents or anything other than normal use
• Damage or deterioration to the surface finish, aesthetics, or appearance of the product
• Normal wear and tear
• Labor required to remove and/or refit and re-adjust the product within the bicycle assembly
• Installation of components, parts, or accessories not originally intended use with or compatible with Problem Solvers products
TO THE EXTENT NOT PROHIBITED BY LAW, THESE WARRANTIES ARE EXCLUSIVE AND THERE ARE NO EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS INCLUDING WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
If you and your shop think your Problem Solvers product is worthy of a warranty inspection, please return the product to the original place of purchase, accompanied by a sales receipt.